PhD, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (1999)
Editor of Physics Letters A, 2016 – present.
Editorial Advisory Board of Journal of Applied Physics, 2016 – present.
Financial Chair of the IEEE Magnetics Society, 2015 – present.
Microwave Magnetics and Nanomagnetism
The Microwave Magnetics and Nanomagnetism group is interested in many topics in magnetism and magnetic materials. The current research areas include spintronics, ferromagnetic resonance and relaxation, spin wave envelope solitons, chaotic spin waves, ferrite thin films, microwave and millimeter wave devices, and nanomagnetism. The group is currently supported by the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Army Research Office, the U.S. Department of Energy , the Semiconductor Research Corporations, Western Digital, and Colorado State University.
Inquiries are welcome from graduate and undergraduate students with an interest in magnetics, recently graduated Ph.D. scientists interested in post-doctoral fellow appointments, and senior scientists interested in visiting appointments.
Contact Information: Professor Mingzhong Wu, Department of Physics, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA; Phone: (970) 491-6312; Fax: (970) 491-7947; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Ellsworth, Lei Lu, Jin Lan, Houchen Chang, Peng Li, Zhe Wang, Jun Hu, Bryan Johnson, Yuqi Bian, Jiang Xiao, Ruqian Wu, and Mingzhong Wu, “Photo-spin-voltaic effect,” Nature Phys., doi:10.1038/nphys3738 (2016).
- M. B. Jungfleisch, W. Zhang, J. Sklenar, J. Ding, W. Jiang, H. Chang, F. Y. Fradin, J. E. Pearson, J. B. Ketterson, V. Novosad, M. Wu, and A. Hoffmann, “Large spin-wave bullet in a ferrimagnetic insulator driven by the spin Hall effect,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 057601 (2016).
- Yiyan Sun, Houchen Chang, Michael Kabatek, Young-Yeal Song, Zihui Wang, Michael Jantz, William Schneider, Mingzhong Wu, E. Montoya, B. Kardasz, B. Heinrich, Suzanne G. E. te Velthuis, Helmut Schultheiss, and Axel Hoffmann,”Damping in yttrium iron garnet nanoscale films capped by platinum,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 106601 (2013).
- L. Lu, Y. Sun, M. Jantz, and M. Wu, “Control of ferromagnetic relaxation in magnetic thin films through thermally induced interfacial spin transfer,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 257202 (2012).
- Z. Wang, A. Hagerstrom, J. Q. Anderson, W. Tong, M. Wu, L. D. Carr, R. Eykholt, and B. Kalinikos, “Chaotic spin-wave solitons in magnetic film feedback rings,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 114102 (2011).
- B. Heinrich, C. Burrowes, E. Montoya, B. Kardasz, E. Girt, Y. Song, Y. Sun, and M. Wu, “Spin pumping at magnetic insulator (YIG)/normal metal (Au) interfaces,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 066604 (2011).
- Z. Wang, Y. Sun, M. Wu, V. Tiberkevich, and A. Slavin, “Control of spin waves in a thin film ferromagnetic insulator through interfacial spin scattering,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 146602 (2011).
- W. Tong, M. Wu, L. D. Carr, and B. A. Kalinikos , “Formation of random dark envelope solitons from incoherent waves,” Phys. Rev. Lett.104, 037207 (2010).
- M. Wu, A. M. Hagerstrom, R. Eykholt, A. Kondrashov, and B. A. Kalinikos, “Excitation of chaotic spin waves through modulational instability,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 237203 (2009).
- A. M. Hagerstrom, W. Tong, M. Wu, B. A. Kalinikos, and R. Eykholt , “Excitation of chaotic spin waves in magnetic film feedback rings through three-wave nonlinear interactions,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 207202 (2009).
- M. Wu and B. A. Kanilikos, “Coupled Modulational instability of co-propagating spin waves in magnetic thin films,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 027206 (2008).
- M. Wu and C. E. Patton, “Experimental observation of Fermi-Pasta-Ulam recurrence in a nonlinear feedback ring system,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 047202 (2007).
- M. Wu, P. Krivosik, B. A. Kalinikos, and C. E. Patton, “Random generation of coherent solitary waves from incoherent waves,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 227202 (2006).
- M. Wu, B. A. Kalinikos, L. D. Carr, and C. E. Patton, “Observation of spin wave soliton fractals in magnetic film active feedback rings,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 187202 (2006).
- M. Wu, B. A. Kalinikos, and C. E. Patton, “Self-generation of chaotic solitary spin wave pulses in magnetic film active feedback rings,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 237202 (2005).
- M. Wu, B. A. Kalinikos, and C. E. Patton, “Generation of dark and bright spin wave envelope soliton trains through self-modulational instability in magnetic films,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 157207 (2004).