The CSU Department of Physics machine shop is well equipped with programmable, precision milling machines, a welder, and other equipment that would be available.
The laser writer is housed in a cleanroom in D216 of the Physics Department at Colorado State University. Link here.
Major Research Facilities and Equipment
- Conventional and Superconducting Magnets
- Microwave Spectrometer for Ferromagnetic-Resonance Studies
- ESR Spectrometers
- Vibrating-Sample Magnetometer
- Atomic Force Microscope
- Ultrasonic Spectrometers
- X-Ray-Diffraction Instrumentation
- Pulsed and CW Lasers
- Tunable Dye Lasers Along With Detection and Signal-Processing Equipment for Quantum-Electronics Research
- Facilities for Semiconductor Fabrication and Analysis
- High-Speed Work-Stations
- Brillouin Light Scattering Spectroscopy
- Scanning Hall Probe Microscopy
- Electron Microscopes
- Optical and ebeam lithogragraphy
- Sputter Deposition Facilities
- Pulsed Laser Deposition
- Floating Zone Furnace
The CORES program ensures access to state-of-the-art research tools and expertise across the University and enables development of new directions in emerging areas of research and technology. To learn more, click here. These facilities include:
- JEOL JEM-2100F Transmission Electron Microscope (80 – 200 kV): with STEM capabilities
- JEOL JSM-6500 Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope: equipped for electron beam lithography
- Quantum Design MPMS3: 7 Tesla magnet, SQUID Magnetometer
- Quantum Design PPMS: 9 Tesla magnet, DC Resistivity, Electrical Transport, Thermal Transport, Heat Capacity, Horizontal Rotator, Multi-Function Probe, Vibrating Sample Magnetometer, dilution refrigerator insert.
Optical Fiber Link to NIST WWV
CSU – NIST WWV optical fiber link: this link utilizes a radio over fiber technique to transmit a high-accuracy time and frequency reference from NIST to CSU. This reference is used for precision spectroscopy experiments housed in the Department of Physics
Video Conference Room
We have a 1000-square foot video-equipped conference/seminar room available.