The Department of Physics has a staffed machine shop for use by faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate research assistants across campus for work on projects relating to research.
Request to reserve a machine –https://forms.natsci.colostate.edu/physics-machine-reservations/
Request for quote and machining –https://forms.natsci.colostate.edu/physics-machining-request/
Opportunities for technical machine shop work from off-campus entities are possible, please contact the machine shop manager directly for more information.
Machines Available and Services Offered
- CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Mill and CNC Lathe
- Conventional Mills
- Conventional Lathes
- Drill Presses
- MIG (Metal Inert Gas) Welder
- Sheet Metal Fabrication Equipment
- Band Saws (vertical and horizontal)
- Sand Blaster
- 2′ x 3′ precision granite table
- Mechanical design and mechanical troubleshooting
- The buddy system is strictly required. No one is allowed to work in the machine shop without another person present.
- Everyone must sign in and sign out when they use the shop.
- Anyone new to the shop must be trained on the equipment and must also go through safety training.
- Please review the safety manual and print it before you arrive at the shop.
Weekdays 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Shop Manager: Jeff Breitschopf
451 Isotope Drive
- Standard shop rate: $60.75/hourly
- CNC use: additional $11.55/hourly
- Approved student shop use: $10.85/hourly
- Free Consultations