- Spin the top on the lifter plate over the center of the base magnet.
- Raise the lifter plate approximately 1” above the surface of the base magnet and continue lifting but very slowly.
- The top will levitate and will stay in the air for a long time.
- The magnetic field produced by the base magnet should be precisely vertical for successful levitation. So, it is sometimes necessary to insert some shims under one or even two edges of the base. The instruction leaflet tells you how to find the right weight for the top and how to adjust the base magnet.
- This demo is hard to get correctly balanced to work. The top tends to spin off wildly once it is “levitating.”