Society of Physics Students
Society of Physics Students (SPS): is an all-inclusive club that seeks to bolster a community amongst students at Colorado State University who are interested in the field of Physics. We try to center our chapter around academic involvement presented in a fun and meaningful manner.
General Meeting Time/Location:
- Time: Mondays at 5pm.
- Location: In the Physics Building in Room D101.
First meeting of fall 2017 Time/Location:
- Time: Thursday, September 7th at 4pm
- Location: In front of the physics building
Officers for 2017-2018: James Shaddix (President), David Miller (Vice President), Andrew Sexton (Treasure), and Tommy Miller (Chief of Communications)
Advisor for 2017-2018: Dr. John Harton
Contact Info: email@example.com
Checkout SPS and get involved with Physics!
- 15 members
- Tours of NIST and NOAA
- Tours of various labs involved in the physical sciences at CSU
- Hosting various speakers
- Visited the SPS chapter at the University of Denver
- Members presented research that they were involved with
- Tour various labs.
- Get involved in research opportunities.
- Design and build a spark chamber
- Discuss physics with faculty and other professionals involved in research
- Go to the movies and have fun!
- Are chapter is currently working on developing a spark chamber. You can check out our website to learn more about the project and contact us if you would to get involved!
- Below is a link to the official webpage for our club. The website is a platform for you to learn more about our chapter and stay up to date with meeting times and events that the club is participating in.