Physics majors are creative, technically competent, and dynamic problem-solvers in high demand in the workforce. Our majors go on to a variety of careers, including positions in aerospace, electronics, manufacturing, or software development. Many continue their education in graduate school. Our majors have gone on to research-based graduate programs in disciplines including Physics, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Atmospheric Science, and Quantitative Biology. Additionally, there are several pathways for students with undergraduate Physics degrees to obtain teaching credentials, if interested in teaching at the high school level.
Some of our undergraduate alumni have continued on to graduate programs, including:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Colorado-Boulder
- University of Maryland
- The Ohio State University
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Minnesota
Colorado employers who recently hired new physics bachelor recipients are numerous, including:
- Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corp
- Colorado Energy Research Technologies
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- See the full list here: Colorado Employers
For general career and internship help links, click here.